Submit Your film
Rules and Regulations
- Submitted films MUST be directed by women. They can, however, co-direct their film(s) with a male counterpart. The central role in the filmmaking process must be played by a woman.
- However, the theme Gender Equality is open for both male and female filmmakers.
- Films should contain original content, produced and directed by the filmmaker himself/herself.
- Violation of intellectual property rights, “infringement” with regard to patents, copyright, and trademarks, and “misappropriation” with respect to trade secrets, can be a breach of civil law or criminal law, and can be used to file a lawsuit.
- If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then you must cite the source. This is entirely the filmmaker’s responsibility. Failure to cite the source will result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival.
- In the event that your content is found to be plagiarized, your film will be removed from the festival, and your name will be blacklisted making you ineligible to submit any films in the upcoming WIFFs.
- Only the films made under the given themes will be accepted
- Films should follow the guidelines provided
- Films should be submitted through YouTube and Vimeo links only
- Contestants must submit their photo ID along with the film
- Films submitted past the deadline will not be accepted
- If you have a film that does not fit the short-film durations we have set out, it will not be accepted
What are the dates of the festival?
March 11th – March 12th, 2018
What is the film submission deadline for the 2017-18 season?
December 10th, 2018.
Is there a submission fee?
No, there is no fee for film submissions.
Can I submit more than one film?
Yes, you can submit as many films as you like.
What categories can we submit our films in?
Your films can be submitted under four categories:
- Short film
- Public Service Announcement (PSA)
How long is a short film?
Films up to 3 minutes will be considered as short films.
How long is a Documentary?
Films up to 5 minutes will be considered as a documentary.
How long is a Public Service Announcement (PSA)?
Your PSA should be 30-60 seconds long.
How long is an Animation film?
Films up to 2 minutes will be considered as an animation film.
Why aren’t feature-length or longer duration films being accepted?
We have established our festival as a short-film one; therefore, longer duration films are not being accepted. If you have a film that does not fit the short-film durations we have set out, we suggest you trim the length of your film(s) before submission.
Are online links accepted for submissions?
Yes, you are requested to submit your film through YouTube or Vimeo links ONLY.
When will I find out if my film is accepted?
You will be sent an acknowledgement email if your film is shortlisted for screening.
Are there any prizes or awards for the winners?
Yes, the top three winners will receive cash prizes.
What are the acceptable exhibition-formats for the festival?
We prefer films made in MOV or in MP4 format.
Is there an age requirement for the film festival?
Filmmakers of any age can submit a film.
Can I get confirmation that you received my submission?
Yes, you will be sent an acknowledgment email a few days after your film is received.
If you have a query that we haven’t covered, whom do I contact?
You can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can the film(s) be only submitted by women?
Submitted films MUST be directed by women. However, they can co-direct their film(s) with a male counterpart. The central role in the filmmaking process must be played by a woman.
We have another category where both male and female filmmakers will be allowed to submit their films. The theme Gender Equality is open for both female and male filmmakers.